Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Why write?


I enjoy writing. I really do. 
But sometimes I get burned out. 
I lose inspiration
and direction
and confidence.

Getting started again is the hardest!
But I've had some stones in my shoe, 
spurs in my boot, 
kicks in the rear.

For starters, I've decided to create a special writing space for myself. 

Here is what it currently looks like:

Its going to take a litte lot of work. :)
But look at all those books!
HEAVEN!

Another motivation is this cute poster my daughter and her friend put together for me. 
"For the MOTHER" 
(hahaha!)


I just love that they recap the writing process for me and then tell me "Mom your AWESOME Believe in YOURSELF!!!!!"
I needed to hear that. Thank you!

Motivation #3:
Bryce wrote this awesome story in class. 
"Jack was in his bed. The doll had blue and red cracks all over. A bucket of blood and it was from people. The dolls eyes turned blood red. the doll started running at Jack. He raced out of his room. He saw blood eyes, red and blue..." (I took a little editorial privilege)

Ok, so maybe weaving a tale runs in the family and maybe someone wants to hear it. 

And that brings me to my final motivation - 
hoping that people want to hear what I write.

Whether its fiction or nonfiction, I write because I want to tell a story, but I also write because I want to be heard. 

I love the song "You Matter To Me" from the broadway show "Waitress." 

"Its addictive the minute you let yourself think,
the things that I say just might matter to someone."

So, its time to get serious about writing again. I need to clear thoughts and experiences from my mind so I can make sense of them, grow from them and be heard. I also need to finished a couple of middle-grade stories for my children before they aren't children anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment