Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Book Review: The Third

The Third (Ransom Lawe Book 1) by [Keogh, Abel]

Isn't this the craziest cover. I sort of love it and am creeped out by it at the same time. 

The Third is a fantastic book written by Abel Keogh. The story starts by immediately immersing you in the setting of a not-too-distant future that is focused on recycling and saving the earth. Laws of rule and order are passed and families are granted only two credits for children. Having a third or more is against the law. 

Right off the bat, Ransom saves a woman and her child from impending violence on a bus and in the process puts his own life in danger. This would be enough to keep you reading but when the twists and turns start flying, I couldn't put the book down. 

The best part of Keogh's writing is the way he envisions the future and puts his characters in impossible positions where the line between right and wrong is blurred. He does a good job of exploring the issues from every angle. I even found myself agreeing with a character that was in opposition to my own opinion. 

The plot is tight and intriguing and the characters are spot on. I couldn't stop reading and when the book ended.... well, I just can't wait for the next book to come out. 

This is a great book I highly recommend for new adult/adult readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment